DENTAL OFFICE SAFETY PROTOCOL – MARLTON, NJ
Our Commitment to Safety
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care but your wait is over.
Your health and well-being are our highest priority and we have carefully planned and implemented physical changes to our office as well as revising our procedures to comply or exceed CDC recommendations for COVID precautions.
For your peace of mind and safety, we have adopted a number of new protocols to provide a safe dental treatment experience and ask for your cooperation and adherence. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
Before Your Appointment
- In order to provide a safe environment, we will not be seeing as many patients each day. We will be allocating more time between patient visits for coming, going, and disinfecting. We ask that you do not schedule an appointment unless you are certain that you can make it.
- We may give you the option of a teledental visit to evaluate dental problems or concerns. This may or may not eliminate the need for an in-person office visit saving you time, reducing your cost, and conserving our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supply.
- We will be asking you to either verbally or electronically complete a COVID screening questionnaire.
- Please ask any questions about payments due on the phone to minimize the time you need outside our treatment rooms after your visit. Let us know if there has been any change to your employment status or dental insurance.
- The cost of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has gone up 300-400% as a result of demand (and perhaps gouging). To help to partially offset the high costs of buying the required additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), we will be collecting a $12 surcharge for each visit. We regret the need to do so, and may adjust this if the costs of PPE rise or fall. Your insurance may or may not reimburse you for this.
- All of our patient forms are now available on our website, www.sandbergdentistry.com and should preferably be completed before your appointment. You can scan and email to email@example.com or fax them to 856-596-1726.
- All rooms will be cleaned and disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- All operatories have been isolated and are ventilated with high powered exhaust window fans. Studies have shown that ventilation to outside air is critical to reducing airborne virus.
- Our team will strictly follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, goggles or face shields will be worn by all team members that are providing your care.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be treated with disinfectant.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear panels will be in place at the front desk to protect against respiratory droplets from either side.
- All payments are to be made in the reception area behind the sneeze guard shield. Please exit promptly after your payment.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We are constantly reevaluating our protocols to balance your safety and convenience according to the standards set by the CDC and the ADA. To schedule an appointment, to discuss payment options, or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 856-872-2622. We look forward to seeing you soon!