DENTAL OFFICE SAFETY PROTOCOL – MARLTON, NJ
Our Commitment to Safety
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we kept our office closed to help control the spread of the coronavirus.
We are happy to say that we are planning to reopen our office for patient treatment on 05/26/2020. Our hours of operation initially will be 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we are ONLY opening because we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members. Keeping our patients, team members, and their families safe and healthy is paramount.
For your peace of mind and safety, we will be adopting a number of new protocols to provide a safe dental treatment experience and ask for your cooperation and strict adherence. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
Before Your Appointment
- In order to provide a safe environment, we will not be seeing as many patients each day. We will be allocating more time between patient visits for coming, going, and disinfecting. We ask that you do not schedule an appointment unless you are certain that you can make it.
- We may give you the option of a teledental visit to evaluate dental problems or concerns. This may or may not eliminate the need for an in-person office visit saving you time, reducing your cost, and conserving our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supply.
- We will be asking you to either verbally or electronically complete a COVID screening questionnaire.
- Please ask any questions about payments due on the phone to minimize the time you need outside our treatment rooms after your visit. Let us know if there has been any change to your employment status or dental insurance.
- The cost of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has gone up 300-400% as a result of demand (and perhaps gouging). To help to partially offset the high costs of buying the required additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), we will be collecting a $12 surcharge for each visit. We regret the need to do so, and may adjust this if the costs of PPE rise or fall. Your insurance may or may not reimburse you for this.
- All of our patient forms are now available on our website, www.sandbergdentistry.com and should preferably be completed before your appointment. You can scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 856-596-1726.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars or outside the office until invited inside by text or phone. Please call us at 856-596-4333 when you arrive.
- Patients, as well as team members will be screened before entering the office and must be wearing a face mask, and ask that you do not wear gloves. We will provide hand sanitizer as you enter. Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Only patients will be allowed entry into the office. Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- Upon entering, wait in the vestibule and we will open the door, take your temperature, and escort you directly to your disinfected treatment room.
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing if you need to wait inside.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- The front door and the door between the waiting area and operatories will be propped open all day.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- All rooms will be cleaned and disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- All operatories have been isolated and are ventilated with high powered exhaust window fans. Studies have shown that ventilation to outside air is critical to reducing airborne virus.
- Our team will strictly follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, goggles or face shields will be worn by all team members that are providing your care.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be treated with disinfectant.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear panels will be in place at the front desk to protect against respiratory droplets from either side.
- All payments are to be made in the reception area behind the sneeze guard shield. Please exit promptly after your payment.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. To schedule an appointment, to discuss payment options, or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 856-596-4333. We look forward to seeing you soon!
We recognize times have changed. Priorities have shifted. Today, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our staff and patients.
With this in mind, we are happy to share the 22 additional steps we are taking to make every visit to our office as safe as possible. These actions are incremental to our normal standards of care that meet or exceed all CDC, OSHA and ADA guidelines for dental practices.
Our goal is to add peace-of-mind to the friendliness and clinical excellence you have come to expect. Of course, this is part of an on-going commitment that will evolve with the times. As always, we welcome the opportunity to answer any of your questions and to address all concerns.
We are in this together, and we will never underestimate the power of a smile!
Advanced Staff Training
Each member of our team has completed additional awareness and prevention programs to enhance their knowledge and preparedness.
Daily Health Checks of Our Team
No contact temperature checks and a quick set of questions will ensure our team is ready, willing and able to provide safe dental care – every day.
No Handshakes or Hugs
We truly do love our patients. However, we will save our hearty welcomes and goodbyes for a later date when things are "back to normal".
Personal Hygiene Standards
Along with short hair or hair that is worn up; this means no long fingernails, no jewelry, and no watches for any team member while in the office.
Change Work Clothes at Work
In the past, you might have seen us at the grocery store in our stylish scrubs. No longer. Now, we change into and out of our newly-cleaned scrubs at the office, every day.
In addition to brushing and flossing before your visit, we will provide an Oracare solution to rinse in your mouth for 60 seconds and reduce bacteria.
Virtual Waiting Room
Now, you can check-in from your car. As a result, you are able to minimize contact with others, bypass the reception area, and go directly to your treatment room.
No Patient Gloves Allowed
Minimizing cross-contamination is an important part of our plan. We will ask you to dispose of any outside gloves before you enter.
Sequenced Patient Scheduling
Plain and simple, we are not seeing as many patients. We are allocating more time between visits for coming, going and cleaning.
Pre-Screening of Every Patient
A quick health questionnaire and consent form along with a no-touch temperature check will be completed when you arrive at our office.
Expanded Patient Appointments
In an effort to save you time and multiple exposures, we are offering extended appointments. This allows us to do more dentistry in a single visit.
Family Friendly Scheduling
We are now able to see up to 6 family members during the same visit. It is almost like your own, private dental experience.
Some consultations and follow-up visits can be handled via our secure, patient communication portal. It is a cool, ultra-safe, and efficient extension of our office.
Hospital-Grade Hand Sanitizing Station
Every patient will be asked to thoroughly disinfect their hands before entering the clinical area of our practice.
Social Distancing in Place
Fewer chairs in our reception area, helpful signs and one-way traffic in our treatment area make 6’ spacing a practical reality.
Cleaning After Every Appointment
We are super clean as we thoroughly wipe, sanitize, and disinfect all instruments, equipment and surfaces in each operatory after every patient.
Deep Cleaning Every Evening
Along with cleaning and sanitizing during the day, we take things to another level at night with a thorough top-to-bottom scrub down.
CDC-Approved Instrument Sterilization
This is standard procedure at all times, and nothing has changed. Anything that goes near your mouth is heat and pressure cleaned between every use.
N95 & ASTM Level 3 Masks
The beautiful smiles of our clinical team – dentists, hygienists, and assistants – will be protected behind double-masking at all times.
Front Desk Masks
Even our friendly administrative team will be wearing ASTM Level 3 masks. Don’t worry. They are smiling behind those masks!
Disposable, Protective Coats & Hats
When appropriate, our team will utilize another layer of protection to minimize the spread or absorption of airborne particles.
No Magazines or Activities
This may make our reception area a little less exciting, but it makes it much safer as well.
UV Air Filtration
We have installed 2 Reme-Halo UV light purification systems into our HVAC systems that continuously disinfect and purify the air circulating throughout the office